1) On your current playlist, hit shuffle and pick the first 30 songs on the list.
2) Write down one line of the song. Try to avoid putting the song title in the line.
3) Have your friends comment and see if they know the songs. (NO CHEATING!)
4) When someone guesses correctly, strike out the line and list the correct name of the song next to it. (Title AND artist have to be correctly guessed.)
I'm bending the rules a bit by including more than one line of lyrics from each song. I'm also only posting the first 15 songs right now my playlist at work is limited to only 100 songs or so, and I figure it will be more intersting to post the next 15 from my selection of 3000+ songs at home.
Anyway, here's my list. Have fun!
R.E.M. - "Around the Sun"
Green Day - "St. Jimmy"
3. I know my heart is being used / But what I'm not allowed to have, I never could refuse
Afghan Whigs - "Blame, etc."
4. I might be old, but I'm someone new - she said / I'm so sore that I could cry - always
Neil Finn - "She Will Have Her Way"
5. She just climbed the stage and died / Lights that rose and fell again / Songs that thinned out near the end
Buffalo Tom - "Torch Singer"
6. I'm a waste of a mama's boy / It's a shame they say this so much
Angie Aparo - "Hush"
7. It's raining like a nose bleed, cigarettes and sweets / And I feel it coming on / Bloody as the day I was born
Ryan Adams - "1975"
Snow Patrol - "How to Be Dead"
9. You are the last drink I never should have drunk / You are the body hidden in the trunk
Pulp - "Like a Friend"
10. Looking down the shirt of a flirt in a plaid mini-skirt / When she said she was a Catholic, I told her I'd convert
Marginal Prophets - "Like This!"
11. I wish it was the '60s / I wish we could be happy / I wish, I wish, I wish that something would happen
Radiohead - "The Bends"
(I thought surely someone would have gotten this one)
12. Thirteen's my lucky number / To you it means stay inside
Social Distortion - "Bad Luck"
13. They come from miles around / In avarice and love / To suckle on the blood / Of some forgotten God
David Gray - "Dead in the Water"
Beth Orton - "Paris Train"
15. I don't know this sea of neon / Thousand surfers, whiffs of freon
Rufus Wainwright - "California"
Update: Here are the next 15, from home this time. Some of them are a lot easier, and some of them are ridiculously difficult.
16. What can you tell them? / What can you say that won't make them defensive?
The Beach Boys - "Hang on to Your Ego"
17. I know we said goodbye / Anything else would've been confused / But I wanna see you again
Dido - "Sand in My Shoes"
18. Something I wasn't sure of / But I was in the middle of
Keane - "This is the Last Time"
19. You don't want to die / But the living gets you down
Matthew Sweet - "The Ugly Truth"
Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome Tonight?
21. And as strange as it seems / If you wish all your dreams / Will come true after all
Sugar - "Man on the Moon"
(I wouldn't have known this one even after typing it in)
U2 - "In God's Country"
23. I was twenty-one years when I wrote this song / I'm twenty-two now, but I won't be for long
Paul Simon - "Leaves That Are Green"
24. I could get back up if you insist / But you'll have to ask politely
Aimee Mann - "The Fall of the World's Own Optimist"
25. If you go my way you won't go wrong / You'll find out where you really belong
Curve - "Alligators Getting Up"
(another ridiculously difficult one)
Nine Inch Nails - "Deep"
27. This is you on a bad day, you on a pale day
Morrissey - "Do Your Best and Don't Worry"
Oasis - "Supersonic"
29. I'm falling all over you like a bad jacket
Possum Dixon - "Skid Marks"